Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

Default Chart will not update!

Hi all

I've had a look through the various newsgroups and not found anything
like this to refer to, so if anyone can shed any light I'd be
grateful...

I have a file with about 15 sheets, each with a fair amount of complex
calculations, involving lookups and suchlike. Most of the sheets also
contain one or more charts.

The problem is that if I update the data, all the data re-calculates
(automatic calculation is set to On and Iterations is set to 100) but
the charts refuse to update. Pressing F9 or CTRL-ALT-F9 doesn't update
the charts, although it does update all the worksheet calculations.

The only solution I've found is to insert a new empty row in the sheet
(not in amongst the data, just in a random location) and then the
chart updates!

Any thoughts? I'd be very grateful for any help....

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel

I have the same problem... I tried to insert a random row, but got nothing.
My problem is that of 3 charts that get data from the same worksheet using
dynamic named ranges, one chart works fine, the other two stop updating once
I save the file and reopen it. This is in spite of the fact that I was
finally able to get Excel to save the "series value" settings once I
duplicated the data on each worksheet on which the graphs are embedded.

This behavior is very odd!