Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default custom calculation in Mutiple consolidation pivot table

I am trying to do get an average total from a multiple consolidation pivot
table. When I go to the field settings and select average I get this error:
"Averages, standard deviation are not supported when a pivot table report has
calculated items." Does anyone know how to I can get my averages to show
instead of a sum?