Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting a linear equation

I have a chart in excel 2007, the X series is edited to be:

={0,150000}

The Y series needs to be a formula,

=2X+1000

How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can
make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series
editor without using extra cells?

Thanks!

jlc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Joseph L. Casale said:
How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can
make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series
editor without using extra cells?

Are they taking the cost of cells out of your wages where you work? :-)

Excel is a spreadsheet, cells is what it *does*. It happens to have an
underdeveloped and undersupported little charting facility bundled in
with it, to display the contents of the cells.

However, Stephen Bullen has a novelty spreadsheet called ChtFrmla.zip
that may do what you want, see if it helps. It's on his web page

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thats exactly what I need!
Wage remains the same, I just wanted some clean way to dictate how many
points without using many cells and making myself have to paste formula.

Thanks!
jlc

Joseph L. Casale said:
How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can
make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series
editor without using extra cells?

Are they taking the cost of cells out of your wages where you work? :-)

Excel is a spreadsheet, cells is what it *does*. It happens to have an
underdeveloped and undersupported little charting facility bundled in with
it, to display the contents of the cells.

However, Stephen Bullen has a novelty spreadsheet called ChtFrmla.zip that
may do what you want, see if it helps. It's on his web page

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,