Default how do i read directly off of a chart - callibration curve

i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and
want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec.
any ideas?
Jon Peltier

Mark -

Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate'

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through
points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian
Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the
bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:

http://xlrotor.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

wrote:

i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and
want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec.
any ideas?

Tushar Mehta

In addition to Jon's solutions, you might also want to check:
Interactive Chart
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html

and

Read X and Y value of any point on a chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...lue/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions