Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MDW MDW is offline

Default Automatically Adjust The Scale on the Y-Axis?

I'm trying to chart several series of data. The user will be able to select
one day from a dropdown, and all the data from that particular day will
display in a table. I know that the number of data points will always be the
same. I want to then chart the results.

Problem is, the values to be charted vary in size. Sometimes the values are
between 6 and 7, other times they're between 8 and 10. In general, the data
varies by as little as 0.030 between data points. If I make the Y-axis scale
wide enough to accomodate all possible values, the chart will lose all
meaning.

Is there a way I can have the y-axis modulate itself so that the min value
is the smallest value being charted, and the max is the highest value?

I'm using Excel 2003.

TIA
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can automatically link the maximum and minimum values in your chart to
cells via the VBA procedure that Jon Peltier has described below. This
process will give you complete control over what data appears on your Y-axis.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...nkToSheet.html

--
John Mansfield