Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked chart with data gaps

Here it is in a nutshell. I've got a bunch of data points like this:

Label Center Width Lower Upper
2 55.25 6 54 60
3 61.25 6 60 66
4 67.25 6 66 72
5 77.25 6 76 82
6 83.25 6 82 88
7 99 6 96 102
8 105 6 102 108

and I want to make a stacked bar chart to show the values between the
upper and lower as colored in, but still skip the empty ranges (like
between 88 and 96).

I'm just not having any luck doing this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Greg G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Insert a series between 6 and 7 that covers the range from 88 to 96, and
hide it in the chart (double click, Patters tab, None for Border and Fill).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Greg G" wrote in message

Here it is in a nutshell. I've got a bunch of data points like this:

Label Center Width Lower Upper
2 55.25 6 54 60
3 61.25 6 60 66
4 67.25 6 66 72
5 77.25 6 76 82
6 83.25 6 82 88
7 99 6 96 102
8 105 6 102 108

and I want to make a stacked bar chart to show the values between the
upper and lower as colored in, but still skip the empty ranges (like
between 88 and 96).

I'm just not having any luck doing this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Greg G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid that because these numbers will be
changing, but I guess if I do that range to be hidden as a formula, it
should work out OK.

-Greg G