Old December 13th 04, 12:27 AM
moseichuk007

Default how do i add a quadratic trendline to excel

i need to add a trendline for a quadratic equation for my math project but it
seems to me that its not available is there a way that i can do it?
im using windows XP home edition

Old December 13th 04, 12:34 PM
Jerry W. Lewis

Chart|Add Trendline
select a polynomial of order 2 then click on the Options tab and request
that Excel display the formula.

Alternately
=LINEST(ydata,xdata^{1,2})
will give you the quadratic coefficients in a worksheet.

Jerry