Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default conditional data label

I have a chart that calculates control limits for electrical test
data. I dont want all the data to have data labels turned on, just
the ones that exceed the control limits. I was planning on
experimenting with comparing the series objects of the data to that of
the control limits and if the test is true turn on the dataLabel
object.

Has anyone done this? Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Write formulas in a range of cells to produce the conditional labels. Then
use one of these utilities to apply the labels to the points. They link the
labels to the cells, so when conditions (and labels) change, so do the data
labels.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Robert H" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a chart that calculates control limits for electrical test
data. I dont want all the data to have data labels turned on, just
the ones that exceed the control limits. I was planning on
experimenting with comparing the series objects of the data to that of
the control limits and if the test is true turn on the dataLabel
object.

Has anyone done this? Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

thanks Jon, Ill check those out...