Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Want to see ALL labels in small window

Hi all,

I've literally been searching through these posts for days and can't see to
find a direct answer to my question...so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a simple column chart that is displayed on a worksheet with the
related data directly above it. It contains about 8 months worth of info.
Across the bottom, I want to see ALL of the labels (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.), but
because the Excel spreadsheet can only fit so much, it always chops off
certain labels. I know how to adjust tick marks, I know that I can resize
the chart, and I know I can change the label alignment. Yet none of these
are an option due to 'management requests'. But even the diagonal alignment
never really looks 'clean' anyway

Does anyone know of a "clean" and simple way to display all labels of a
column chart across the bottom, without resizing the whole thing or changing
the options mentioned above?

Thanks all for your help.

AccessJoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

First, by "adjust tick marks" I assume you don't mean the command Format,
Selected Axis, Scale, Number of Categories between tick-mark labels? If you
don't mean that, then do that command and set the value to 1.

Second if you mean that the labels are very long, like New York City, New
York and these are too long to display then you can force them to wrap. In
the spreadsheet you select the cell with the text that is too long and place
your cursor with in it, for example between "New York City" and ", New York"
and press Alt Enter.

You will also need to rotate the font to the vertical on the chart axis.
And possibly reduce the font size. You can force word wrap more than once in
a cell.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire