Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Changing Information

Using Excel and Access 2003 on an XP SP2 machine.
Is there a way to produce a pie chart from an Access query when you will not
always have the same fields return results to be plotted? (In case that was
as clear as mud to you as it was to me, I'll try to explain.)

I know how to return reqults from a query to a spreadsheet and produce a
chart from there. What has me stumped is what to do when the fields change.
For instance, I'm trying to produce a pie chart that will show how many of
several different categories of data occur. However, depending on what
transpires during a reporting period, I may not have records for each. For
example, this week the query returns:
A=5
B=3
C=6
D=4
Next week, there may not be any "C" occurences. So, when the spreadsheet is
opened and the data automatically refreshes, there will be one less row of
results returned, skewing the chart. Also, As this dayabase is just starting
out, there currently aren't any "E" occurences, so when those hit it will add
another row of results.

So, any advice on how to set this up?

Thanks in advance.
--
John Cello
John Cello Consulting
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could set up a dynamic range that encompasses the query results, and use
this as your chart's source data. Links and examples:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions