-   -   "Space" shows up as zero in graphs. What doesnt show up as zero? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/130770-space-shows-up-zero-graphs-what-doesnt-show-up-zero.html)

jdwj

"Space" shows up as zero in graphs. What doesnt show up as zero?

I am creating charts that include the full year. Some of the months are in
the future and should be blank. I am referencing a cell that references the
data from another cell, so it shows up as zero in the chart rather than
discontinuing the line. What value can I put in the false condition of an
@if function so that the line just ends and does not continue to zero?

Jon Peltier

"Space" shows up as zero in graphs. What doesnt show up as zero?

Put NA() in the formula. This gives you #N/A in the cell, which looks ugly,
but can be hidden using conditional formatting. #N/A is not plotted in a
line or XY chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"jdwj" wrote in message
I am creating charts that include the full year. Some of the months are in
the future and should be blank. I am referencing a cell that references
the
data from another cell, so it shows up as zero in the chart rather than
discontinuing the line. What value can I put in the false condition of an
@if function so that the line just ends and does not continue to zero?

jdwj

"Space" shows up as zero in graphs. What doesnt show up as ze

Thanks Jon. Exactly what I needed.