Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default stacked column chart

How do you add multi columned data to a stack chart without all of the
information stacking in one colum? For example I have 2 types of date for to
compare for multiple years. Is the possible? if not any sugguestion on a
different type of chart to use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Set your chart type to the stacked bar. Entering your data into the
datasheet: your years should be the column headings - separate each year by
one column with 0 data. Your rows should contain the data for the two dates
(the two dates will be your row titles). You can show the 2 dates on the
graph by a) using the legend or b) using a data table with legend. Be sure
to click on each part of the stacked bar to make them different colors -
shadows sometimes help differentiate them clearly also. Does this help?