-   -   putting in threshold line that easily depicts reaching a goal (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/125967-putting-threshold-line-easily-depicts-reaching-goal.html)

KS

putting in threshold line that easily depicts reaching a goal

Using Excel 2003.
I have all my data for the month, but I need a highlighted vertical line
that shows our dept. has reached our goal, such as 20% of all sales must be
new accounts. That 20% line is the threshold/goal (or data series line,
unsure). My chart has the bars for all sales and percent of sales that are
new accounts. How do I display this line in a chart so that we may see our
efforts at a glance?

Andy Pope

putting in threshold line that easily depicts reaching a goal

Hi,

Examples of this can be found
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers