Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to craete a bar chart in excell

Hi i'm trying to make a bar chart in excel but i haven't used it
before.....

Suppose i had data like this:

Product | Price | Date of Purchase | Catagory
TV | $100 | 05/08/2004 | New
Computer | $300 | 05/08/2004 | Old
Fridge | $500 | 12/02/2004 | New

$900

I'm trying to graph data like this by 'catagory', in bar format.
So the graph function would need to first do a count of the occurences
of each type of catagory, and then graph it.
Can someone either give me a link, or tell me how to do this easily.
Thanks, David.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Look into creating a PivotTable (with an associated PivotChart).
Alternatively, if you must roll your own, check out XL help for the
FREQUENCY function.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions