Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default want 1 value to display for each stairstep of chartered values

The only way I've found of making a stairstep chart over time is to enter the
the mean dosage value repeatedly for each day taken thus depicting a
stairstep of trial and errors to reach a stablized dosage to be taken. For
each stairstep I want to have only one value shown or printed for each
stairstep (varies in length) instead of the same value repeated for each day
(becomes unreadable). If you place the cursor anywhere on the stairstep and
wait, a display appears on the screen with a single value for the
stairstep--any way to bring this part of the display information to the
screen or any other way of getting this to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Naz Naz is offline

Hi

I'm not sure what a step chart is exactly so this is a stab in the dark.
Create a bar chart, then double click one of the bars this will bring up the
Format Data Series box, select the Options tab, and set Gap Width to 0.
This should give a step chart effect.

HTH
Naz

"MBush" wrote:

The only way I've found of making a stairstep chart over time is to enter the
the mean dosage value repeatedly for each day taken thus depicting a
stairstep of trial and errors to reach a stablized dosage to be taken. For
each stairstep I want to have only one value shown or printed for each
stairstep (varies in length) instead of the same value repeated for each day
(becomes unreadable). If you place the cursor anywhere on the stairstep and
wait, a display appears on the screen with a single value for the
stairstep--any way to bring this part of the display information to the
screen or any other way of getting this to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

MBush:

Here's a link to a how-to on step charts in Excel. The downloadable workbook
shows you how to construct the step chart and how to enhance the X axis (for
dates) using a dummy axis series.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_d...xis_series.htm

Kelly

www.processtrends.com

"MBush" wrote in message
The only way I've found of making a stairstep chart over time is to enter
the
the mean dosage value repeatedly for each day taken thus depicting a
stairstep of trial and errors to reach a stablized dosage to be taken.
For
each stairstep I want to have only one value shown or printed for each
stairstep (varies in length) instead of the same value repeated for each
day
(becomes unreadable). If you place the cursor anywhere on the stairstep
and
wait, a display appears on the screen with a single value for the
stairstep--any way to bring this part of the display information to the
screen or any other way of getting this to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try making the chart this way:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StepChart.html

- Jon