Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can I use conditional formatting in a data table on a chart sheet?

How do I change the formatting on a data table on a chart sheet? I know I can
change the font, but I also want to change alignment and have the data table
reflect the conditional formatting that exists in the cells containing the
data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Data tables don't allow much customization, in case you haven't already hit
a brick wall. You could make a table in a range adjacent to the chart,
format it however you want, include whatever data you want. Keep it near the
chart, or if it's a chart sheet, follow this procedure to paste a linked
picture of the range onto the chart.

Copy the range
Activate the chart sheet
Hold Shift and select the Edit menu
Select Paste Picture
Select the pasted picture
Click in the formula bar
Type the address of the range, including the sheet name, like =Sheet1!A2:B5
Press Enter

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP