Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting Chart Axis - Bar Graph

The solution to this problem is probably in formating somewhere but I can't
figure it out and there was only one mention of the same problem on this
board and no one answered it.

I am making a stacked bar graph to show an indicator 1-5. I set zero as the
min and 5 as the max. I have two series - one is the indicator (2) and the
other is for the "holder" the balance of 5-2 (3). This makes kindof a guage.

When I first create the chart, Excel puts it into percents. I want the axis
to say 0-5 but when I change it, something is still formatted in percents
because the axis labels I get are 0000011111. (or something like it).
Please help! I think I've just been working on this too long and need a
break. I'm sure its easy and will kick myself when I find out the solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

i can't quite work out what you mean from the post but you could
possibly try using a stacked bar chart rather than a percentage stacked
bar chart. If that still doesn't work, you could use a false axis.
There are numerous postings about how to do this, or see j-walk.com or
Tushar Mehta's site. Both are great.

Rob