Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
VJ VJ is offline

Default Chart-VBA add-in

I see a lot of geniuses giving advise and their web sites with
excellent material. Why dont we all create "The" charting add-in? I
got many useful routines and an interface for something I call the
"Chart Loopster" [under development] but am too busy [software is my
hobby, not profession] and do not have the incredible genius of the
MVPs.

Do you think you could seamlessly add to my book for absolute novices
in Excel-- http://vgupta1000.tripod.com/Vol_1_2.zip ? Something on
custom charts, dynamic charts, but nothing too complex...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If there were one "genius", there could be one charting add-in. However, as
you say, there are lots of geniuses and near geniuses giving advice and
creating add-ins. Different people have different tastes and opinions about
appropriate colors and other formatting, and about which techniques to use
to achieve certain charting effects. Just look at all the different ways
people have described making a horizontal line across a chart, or fudging a
broken axis. My own approach to add-ins is to make a lot of small utilities,
so users can pick and choose the ones they want, and ignore the rest.
Regarding charting techniques, I generally present my technique, and if
another author has a different approach, I include a link, so viewers can
decide which version to try.

Regarding your book, why not format it in html, so it is readily browsed on
the internet, and include links to other sites for topics you haven't
covered or won't cover? I'm not going to bother downloading and processing a
zip file.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP