Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart Labeler in Macro

I noticed that several of you have suggested using the XY Chart Labeler (as
found at http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm) to solve your
chart-labelling needs. I did this and it worked but I want to record a macro
that uses the plug-in. When I do, nothing shows up in the code.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to circumvent this problem or reference
the plug-in in the VBA Code.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy -

You could hack into the code of the add-in, or you could adapt the much
simpler (and less bulletproof) code in this example on the MS web site:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Andy" wrote in message
I noticed that several of you have suggested using the XY Chart Labeler (as
found at http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm) to solve your
chart-labelling needs. I did this and it worked but I want to record a
macro
that uses the plug-in. When I do, nothing shows up in the code.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to circumvent this problem or reference
the plug-in in the VBA Code.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy,

You can do this without hacking Roy's code:

Create a macro which reads:

Sub RunLabeler()
SendKeys "%TXA"
End Sub

Assign a shortcut key if you want. To use this macro simply select the
chart and run the macro.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire