Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Table Chart Question

Hi

I run Win2K with Excel 2K

I have a pivot table that I run a chart from. The chart works fine, however
it does not display the "grand total" from the pivot table. Is there a way
that the grand total from the pivot table can be displayed on the chart?

Thanks

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Pivot charts aren't very flexible, and lack many of the standard options of
regular charts. A pivot chart only shows data from the pivot table (you
can't add other data), and it shows all data from the pivot table (you can't
exclude any), except as you've discovered, totals and subtotals.

You could make a regular chart from this pivot table's data:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions