Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Adding a limit line

Hi, I have an embedded bar chart.
I wanted to add a lower limit line and tried from Drawing a line as a Line
and also tried a line as a Connector. I can even colour the resulting line.
However as soon as I click outside the chart, the line disappears.
I want to transfer the chart to PowerPoint and as soon as I copy and paste
the line disappears also.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You needed the chart to be active when you drew the line. Currently the
line is not embedded within the chart but just floating over it, which
is why it disappears behind the chart and does not get copied.

You might want to look at a chart solution to drawing on the chart
rather than using drawing shapes which are static.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy
I am stoked. I followed your link and I now have exactly what I need!
Thank you.
It is people like you who make it all worth while.
CurtainMary