Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
els els is offline

Default plotting data from column next to chart area

Hi,

my data look like this:
Colum 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
personX - age - job level - salary

I want to plot on X the age, on Y the salary, and I want the plots in a
scattered chart to display the job level, and the name of the person holding
these characteristics.

How do I do that? How do I 'teach' excel not to plot the data in the chart,
but label the dots with another corresponding label?

Thanks a lot!
Els
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Els:

You have asked several questions in your post. It looks like the most
important is how to add data labels to your XY chart points.

Excel lets you label the points with either X or Y values. If you want to
use other data, you can add data labels with a free Excel add-in. J
Walkenbach and Appspro have free add-ins.

Here's a link to Apps Pro.

You'll need to download the add-in and install it with the ToolsAdd-ins.

--
Stop Spam - Edit E-mail address by removing **s
***