Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Why won't my pie charts update with changing data?

I have a set of very simple pie charts that just won't update themselves
whenever the source data changes. Has anybody experienced this same problem?
What could be the reason?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Right click one of them and open the Source Data dialog
Are the y-values pointing to cells? Or has the chart been unlinked from the
data?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Wiko" wrote in message
I have a set of very simple pie charts that just won't update themselves
whenever the source data changes. Has anybody experienced this same
problem?
What could be the reason?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks much for the reply.

Yes they are pointed at cells. What's weird is that if I resize the
pie-chart and then click Undo, when the graph snaps back to its original
size, the values get updated. Also, if I close the file and open it again,
the graphs update upon opening.

Another weird thing - I tried doing just one pie chart on a separate brand
new file and it did update with changing cell values. However, if I kept
this new file open and then opened my original file, the new one wouldn't
update automatically anymore. The new one still wouldn't work even after
closing the original.

"Wiko" wrote in message
I have a set of very simple pie charts that just won't update themselves
whenever the source data changes. Has anybody experienced this same
problem?
What could be the reason?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Open your problem file
Use Tools | Options and open the Calculation tab
In the top area make sure Automatic is selected for calculation mode
Save the file
If this fails email (my private address not newsgroup) the file to me
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme