Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie of pie charts - how to set up data

I'm just trying this kind of pie chart for the first time.

Example: I have 408 people in my company 401K. Of these, 38 joined in
2006, the other 370 joined in 2005.

Of these 38 - 29 get company match, 9 don't.

Is this the kind of info I can show in a pie of pie?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Rich -

The 38 are combined in the main plot but shown as individual wedges in the
secondary plot. Arrange the data like this:

2005 371
match 29
no match 9

Select the range and make the pie-of-pie chart. It initially only puts the
no match data into the separate pie; double click on any of the wedges, and
on the Options tab of the Format Series dialog, make sure these settings are
selected:

Split by: Position
Second Plot Contains the Last: 2 values

If you apply data labels to the chart, the merged match + no match wedge in
the main chart has the label "other", which you can select and edit to say
2006".

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP