Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I get a pie chart to recognize a negative number?

I need to make a pie chart that has one part of the pie as a negative
percentage. Does anyone know how to get my chart to recognize this negative
number?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Seriously? Pie charts can't handle negative numbers. How do you display it
so it subtracts from the whole pie? How does the reader remember that the
blue wedge is deducted? It just won't work. This is only reason #14 that pie
charts are really not a very good design for a useful chart. You could try a
clustered column chart or maybe a stacked column, depending on what the data
is and what exactly you're trying to show.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions