Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default graphing dates

I'm trying to graph these dates;
9/1
9/5
9/6
But when I do this, 9/2, 9/3, and 9/4 are showing up on the chart. I don't
have data for these dates so I don't want to include them. Why is it
automatically entering??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The chart wizard is trying to be helpful by assuming you want a time
series axis for your dates. If you don't and you actually want just
categories then right click the chart and pick chart options...
On the axis tab set the scale to be category rather than automatic.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel