Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Partial Lost Formatting in Linked File?

I have a macro process that generates charts in a series of individual
workbooks and copies each chart sheet from that workbook to a single
workbook. This results in a workbook containing up to sixty charts,
which I then mail out. Obviously, once mailed, the external links are
no longer available. Not a problem, except for one thing...

The X-axis is a date range. In the original copy (residing in the same
workbook as the data), the axis looks good, and the mouseover text on
all series works just fine - I see, for instance, 'Series "X" Point
"10-Mar-06" Value: 0.033'

When I look at the same point in the dissociated copy, the X-axis still
looks just fine, but the mouseover text renders the date as a number,
i.e., 'Series "X" Point "38786" Value: 0.033'.

Short of transcribing all of the data along with the charts, is there
any way I can persuade the copied chart to express the X-axis value
correctly in the mouseover?

Thanks.