Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Display more than 20 labels in a Pie chart?

I am building a pie chart that is intended to have 22 pie-pieces with
data but somehow when I try to ad labels for more than 20 labels excel
will not accept this.

Any ideas?

/Göran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm not sure I would accept it either. 22 pie wedges? 22 labels? 6 point
text, I presume, and it still would be a cluttered mess.

I did just try this in Excel 2003. I made a chart with 26 equal wedges and
the labels A through Z. Worked as expected. Then I tried in 2007, and that
worked too.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am building a pie chart that is intended to have 22 pie-pieces with
data but somehow when I try to ad labels for more than 20 labels excel
will not accept this.

Any ideas?

/Göran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Actually as it turned out it was not the # of sections that was the
issue, it was the numer of characters in the string defining the chart
that was the problem. It was larger than the 255 charcters allowed so I
needed to do an adjustment in sheet and filed names and then it worked.

/Göran

Jon Peltier skrev:

I'm not sure I would accept it either. 22 pie wedges? 22 labels? 6 point
text, I presume, and it still would be a cluttered mess.

I did just try this in Excel 2003. I made a chart with 26 equal wedges and
the labels A through Z. Worked as expected. Then I tried in 2007, and that
worked too.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP