Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bar & Line Charts - URGENT

Hello all,

I created a Bar and Line Charts by using the technique of combining a bar
and XY scatter plot. (I refer to
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html)

However, I also need a data table which shows the value. Anyway to do it?

Thanks,
Kaci
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In article ,
says...
Hello all,

I created a Bar and Line Charts by using the technique of combining a bar
and XY scatter plot. (I refer to
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html)

However, I also need a data table which shows the value. Anyway to do it?

Thanks,
Kaci

To create a Bar chart in combination with a Line chart (rather than a XY
Scatter chart), simply add all the series you want as a bar chart. Then,
select each and change the chart type with Chart | Chart Type...

As far as a data table goes, XL's capabilities are very limited. You will
be better off simulating the effect. See
Custom Chart Table
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...able/index.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel's data tables are really kind of lame: they show all data in the chart
but only data in the chart, they don't work for all chart types, you can't
adjust the order within the table, and the formatting options are less than
minimal. Make a table in the cells near the chart. Alternatively, make your
table anywhere, then use the Camera tool to make a dynamic copy of the table
and put it where you want. You have to go to Tools menu Customize...
Commands tab, click on Tools in the left hand list, and scroll 3/4 of the
way down to find Camera in the right, and drag this button to a convenient
place on your toolbars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP