Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default quadrant

I am trying to create sectioned graphs using scatter plots. I need a macro
to be able to draw boxes for the particular areas on the graph using median
points which can change from graph to graph. I'm using the following code,
but I do not know how to tie these points to values in the graph. I can pull
over actual (x,y) from the data, but it needs to be converted into points or
pixels or whatever unit of measure the graphing tool is using. I basically
want a box that starts in the lower left @ (0,0) and goes to
(medianx,mediany) in the upper right and variations thereof. Any ideas?

myCht.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, Xleft, mySrs.Yvalues(Ipts),
Xwidth, Yheight - med1y).Select
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The code on this page will show how to get the coordinates you need:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

This might be a better approach:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ackground.html

- Jon