Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I plot the function 0.95*e^-0.0206*t on a graph in excell?

I can't figure out how to plot the function as a graph? Where do I go? Charts
seem to only work with data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Here are some examples

Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

Tushar Mehta's Plot manager
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...ger/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Sean said:

I can't figure out how to plot the function as a graph? Where do I go? Charts
seem to only work with data.

The simple answer is to turn your function into data by plugging x
values into the function and reading off the y values, then plotting
those. It's what almost everybody does.

*However*, if you'd like something cuter, Stephen Bullen has a clever
demonstration of the power of named ranges on his website:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

ChtFrmla.zip
This spreadsheet demonstrates the power arising from using defined
names as the source for your charts. The example shows how you can plot
a function, such as y=exp(x)*sin(x^2) over a range of x values, without
putting them all into separate cells. All the hard work is done in two
defined names.

--
Del Cotter