Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Trendline Not Always Available

In a workbook with multiple charts on multiple spreadsheets, the chart option
to add a trendline is available on some of the charts and not on others -
why? (I have tried right clicking on the series - that is not the problem).
The data on the underlying spreadsheet appears to be entered and formatted
the same way. Of course, I have tried clicking on both axes, clicking on the
chart, off the chart, on the series line, on the series label in the legend
and so on. Yet, on other spreadsheets the feature works fine. I have tried
this on two PCs, with the same document (and the same errors) - in other
words, I doubt if re-booting will fix it either.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

3d charts do not allow trendlines maybe this is your problem

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy: Thank you. Actually, I blundered onto the answer. It is the chart
type selection. In the menu of line chart types, the line chart on the far
lef-hand side of the box (with bumps) will accept a trendline. The next
chart option to the right (in the center of the selection box), which appears
to be identical (at least to me), will NOT accept a trendline. Go figure!