Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default x or y error bars? where are they?

I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What's the chart type?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Chantel" wrote in message
I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What do you mean by chart type? It is a bar graph

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What's the chart type?

- Jon
-------

"Chantel" wrote in message
I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You not referring to Excel 2007 beta by any chance are you? In which
case look on the Analysis section of the Layout tab within Chart Tools
chunk.

Cheers
Andy

Chantel wrote:
What do you mean by chart type? It is a bar graph

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What's the chart type?

- Jon
-------

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

No but thanks anyway! I found out how to do it. The error bars didn't come
up on the 3D chart type bar graphs. But i tried a different chart type and i
found the error bar option.

Chantel wrote:
What do you mean by chart type? It is a bar graph

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What's the chart type?

- Jon
-------

"Chantel" wrote in message

I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved your problem.

Cheers
Andy

Chantel wrote:

What do you mean by chart type? It is a bar graph

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What's the chart type?

- Jon
-------

"Chantel" wrote in message

I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yet another reason you should avoid charts with fake 3D effects. The major
reason is that they can distort data but they also do not allow the same
kind of added features that serious charts require.

- Jon
-------

Chantel wrote:
What do you mean by chart type? It is a bar graph

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What's the chart type?

- Jon
-------