Barb Reinhardt

Default Stacked Bar Chart

I have a stacked column chart with 9 series for columns, one series for the
data labels (I have several charts stacked on top of one another) and a
bunch of text boxes. I am unable to change the font format for some of the
text boxes. It looks strange with some in one font and some in another.

Rami

You should be able to right click on the text boxes, and go to options or
format text boxes. Then there should be a place to change the font from a
tab. If not there should be another button that allows you to go to format or
settings. Going through there, you should find the place to change the font.
I hope this works.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have a stacked column chart with 9 series for columns, one series for the
data labels (I have several charts stacked on top of one another) and a
bunch of text boxes. I am unable to change the font format for some of the
text boxes. It looks strange with some in one font and some in another.

Barb Reinhardt

I already tried several methods to change the font, including the ones you
suggested and none worked. I ended up putting in new text boxes after the
chart was formatted with the font I wanted, but I shouldn't have had to do
that.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have a stacked column chart with 9 series for columns, one series for

the
data labels (I have several charts stacked on top of one another) and a
bunch of text boxes. I am unable to change the font format for some of

the
text boxes. It looks strange with some in one font and some in

another.

Jon Peltier

Barb -

Is the text rather small? Sometimes if you ask for a small font, say 5 or 6 points,
it actually changes to the desired font, and prints accurately, but doesn't appear
to on screen.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have a stacked column chart with 9 series for columns, one series for

the

data labels (I have several charts stacked on top of one another) and a
bunch of text boxes. I am unable to change the font format for some of

the

text boxes. It looks strange with some in one font and some in

another.

Barb Reinhardt

No, the font was at least 10 point and maybe larger. I didn't try to print
it to see if it rendered properly. This graph is for a report which *may*
be delivered electronically as well as in a print version so it has to look
right on the screen as well. I'm thinking that Excel was reaching it's
limit of data on the chart or in the workbook (I have lots of worksheets).

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have a stacked column chart with 9 series for columns, one series for

the

data labels (I have several charts stacked on top of one another) and a
bunch of text boxes. I am unable to change the font format for some

of

the

text boxes. It looks strange with some in one font and some in

another.

Debra Dalgleish

Was the sheet at 100% zoom?

Other settings can sometimes cause problems.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List