Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Plot area settings...

For the following code:

ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
Selection.Top = 10
Selection.Height = 560
Selection.Width = 960
Selection.Left = 50

I seem to controlling the plot area's top and bottom dimensions, but I am
struggling with the left and right dimensions. While the Selection.Top = 10
code seems to sort of position the plot area appropriately for the
north/south positioning within the overall graph, the Selection.Left = 50,
that and other values I have entered, doesn't seem to help me dial in a good
east/west plot area configuration. And, each time I redraw the chart, it
changes... I a looking to anchor the plot area within chart so that it
remains fixed.

Any ideas or help, greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers! Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The PlotArea is that region that includes the plot as well as the axes and
axis tick labels. The PlotArea has inside dimensions (.InsideLeft etc.)
which refer to the actual rectangle that data is plotted within, but these
are read only. You have to manipulate the regular dimensions to change the
inside dimensions.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP