Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!! Y By X Chart with points.

Hi,

I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to build a chart with the following
info:

Points
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Variety 1 7.1 5.6 4.8 5.8 4.8 4.2 5.2
Variety 2 5.5 5.5 5.2 6.5 4.3 6.2 3.6
Variety 3 2.3 2.8 5.0 7.6 4.3 6.1 5.7
Variety 4 8.4 8.2 6.1 6.1 6.6 9.0 7.0
Variety 5 15.8 21.8 15.1 7.2 18.0 19.7 12.5
Variety 6 6.2 1.8 1.6 5.9 6.4 7.2 3.6
Variety 7 3.0 4.7 6.6 6.0 4.3 6.4 2.9

What I am trying to do is have the Variety 1 etc on the vertical axis and
the point data on the horizontal axis from low to high. There are duplicat
amounts in the point data but this is ok. I need the points data on the
horizontal axis to be on a range from 0 to the highest. I need them to show
up as dots, circles or diamonds, etc.
I built a stacked column chart but this is not what I was looking for. Your
help on this matter will be greatly apppreciated. If it cannot be done with
Excel, then suggest some software that could help me do what I want.

Thanks,
Curt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Have a look at these examples of Dot plots.
http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_dot_plots.htm
http://www.exceluser.com/dash/dotplot.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy,
I could not find what I was really looking for so I sent you and email with
a picture of a chart I am trying to create.

Curt Hand wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Any chance of sending a compressed version of the file, 23MB is a little
excessive!

Cheers
Andy