Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Creating Complicated Charting

Ok, I know some one will be able to help me. I need to create a chart that is
based off of 26 sheets give or take 3 or 4, this chart needs to be an advance
skill level when mine is only intermediate. I need the chart to not only self
expand, but I need it to also contain drop down menus, to make selection on
what should show on the chart. I need to have at least 3 different drop
downs, with up to 7-10 choices in each. I also need help on how to create a
table that allows subcatagories in it. Such as a section named Falls needs to
have 7 subsections numbered 1.1,1.2,1.3...etc...how do I make all of this
work??? I need some serious help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

smiles wrote:
Ok, I know some one will be able to help me. I need to create a chart
that is based off of 26 sheets give or take 3 or 4, this chart needs
to be an advance skill level when mine is only intermediate. I need
the chart to not only self expand, but I need it to also contain drop
down menus, to make selection on what should show on the chart. I
need to have at least 3 different drop downs, with up to 7-10 choices
in each. I also need help on how to create a table that allows
subcatagories in it. Such as a section named Falls needs to have 7
subsections numbered 1.1,1.2,1.3...etc...how do I make all of this
work??? I need some serious help!!!

I think a good starting point could be a pivot chart, i.e. a chart based on
a pivot table...

In Excel 2003, and if I well remember also with Excel XP, you have the
option to make a pivot chart when you choose menu Data, Pivottable And
Pivotchart Report...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Franz Verga" wrote:

smiles wrote:
[...]

I have tired that, I understand the concept and it is working well, for one or two pages, but I need all of my approx 26 pages to be capable of showing on the chart and I also need my tables (7) that all include 26 periods (2 week time span) to be options on my charting. How do I make a pivot chart that is that complicatied? How do I re-name fields and get them to reflect the proper data in the proper way??