Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Controlling which data appears on which axis

Hi

I need help! I am doing an assignment and I need the data that I have
produced to appear on a particular axis. Here is my data:

0 1600
1 1400
2 1200
3 1000
4 800
5 600
6 400
7 200
8 0

After I select it and click the chart wizard button, the 0, 1, 2, 3
etc. data appears on the X axis, but I want it to appear on the Y axis.

How am I able to do this?!

--
mwr7483
mwr7483's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37379

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Standard practice is to start with the X values in the left hand column, and
Y values to the right. This is also the easiest approach.

If you're unwilling/unable to rearrange the data, start the chart wizard, in
step 2 click on the Series tab. This dialog holds the key: you can define
which ranges are X and Y values on a series-by-series basis.

If the charts already exist and you don't want to spend the time to rebuild
them, you could try this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip

- Jon
-------