Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can you create 1 chart that will update based on filtered data?

I have budget data for 120 or so medical centers in rows. I filter this data
by center. Is there a way to create one chart that will present data for
only the center currently selected in the filter or would I have to create
120 diff charts?

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Create you chart on all the data. Assuming your total data does not
exceed the charts limits.

Make sure the 'plot visible cells only' option is on. Tools Options
Chart.

If the chart is located near the data to be filtered you will need to
change the Move and size properties of the chart object. Double click
the chart area and see options on the Properties tab.

You should then be good to go and filter the data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel