Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Setting up Macro to create pie chart.

I need to create a macro to make pie charts. I have about 15 pie charts to
make and I would like them all to be the same. They use different data though.

I have created a macro which works successfully for one graph.

However I cant select different data. The macro always creates a chart from
the data used to record the macro.

Is there a way we can select which data we want to use, then get the macro
to make a graph representing that data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Hamish" wrote:

I need to create a macro to make pie charts. I have about 15 pie charts to
make and I would like them all to be the same. They use different data though.

I have created a macro which works successfully for one graph.

However I cant select different data. The macro always creates a chart from
the data used to record the macro.

Is there a way we can select which data we want to use, then get the macro
to make a graph representing that data?

Never mind. I realised that I could just right click the chart and change
the data range. This makes it pretty easy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hamish..The recorded macro and the real VBA to create charts varies in
a few distinct methods. I have found the need to do very much the same
process that you are taking on now. My chart parameters (Type, Ranges,
Collection pointers, Axis settings) are all stored in 1 worksheet named
"Chart_Control" I then gather all elements into a group of arrays and
loop into my chart subroutine.. this works remarkably well and I would
be happy to give you guidance should you choose to go down the
programming path as opposed to your current method.