Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
K10 K10 is offline

Default Meauring Time in a Chart

A piece of my data measures "time to complete". I made a bar graph that
looks at different intervals. However, I had to manually count the amount of
5, 6, 7, 8, 9 records there are for the 5-9 minutes interval. There must be
an easier way (formula perhaps) to grab the 5-9 on my data sheet and input it
into a chart. Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the interval exists in a column on the sheet, make a pivot table to
summarize the data or try using the Histogram Tool (Tools menu Data
Analysis Histogram). If the interval does not yet exist, create it with a
formula and use one of these techniques.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"K10" wrote in message
A piece of my data measures "time to complete". I made a bar graph that
looks at different intervals. However, I had to manually count the amount
of
5, 6, 7, 8, 9 records there are for the 5-9 minutes interval. There must
be
an easier way (formula perhaps) to grab the 5-9 on my data sheet and input
it
into a chart. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
K10 K10 is offline

Hi Jon -

Thanks so much. How do I go about creating the formula?

"K10" wrote in message
A piece of my data measures "time to complete". I made a bar graph that
looks at different intervals. However, I had to manually count the amount
of
5, 6, 7, 8, 9 records there are for the 5-9 minutes interval. There must
be
an easier way (formula perhaps) to grab the 5-9 on my data sheet and input
it
into a chart. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Presumably you have start and finish times in two columns of your data. I
was referring to a third column which subtracts start from finish to get
'time to complete'. Simple subtraction like =B2-A2.

- Jon
-------