Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Lo Lo is offline

Default Dates in Excel PivotCharts

Does anyone know why i can't change the date format on a pivotchart? Have 2
pivot charts running from the same source data - when i created them one
automatically used data format for x axis of d-mm-yy and the other
automatically used d/mm/yyyy. As they are both part of the same presentation
this will look inconsistent, i have tried everyway i know to fix but nothing
works. When you created a normal chart in excel (not pivot) the 'format
axis' option has a 'numbers' tab, but in pivotcharts this option is not
available. Be grateful for any feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Do both charts have the same axis type? A category axis can be of Category
type, which would treat your dates as merely text labels, or of Time-Scale
type, which would treat them as numerical date values. It's possible that
one applies a different format from the other. You change the axis type
using Chart Options on the Chart menu.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Lo" wrote in message
Does anyone know why i can't change the date format on a pivotchart? Have
2
pivot charts running from the same source data - when i created them one
automatically used data format for x axis of d-mm-yy and the other
automatically used d/mm/yyyy. As they are both part of the same
presentation
this will look inconsistent, i have tried everyway i know to fix but
nothing
works. When you created a normal chart in excel (not pivot) the 'format
axis' option has a 'numbers' tab, but in pivotcharts this option is not
available. Be grateful for any feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Lo Lo is offline

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your quick response. I've checked my charts and in both cases
when in Chart Options the Axes tab is ticked on Category (X) axis, with
Automatic selected. I've tried changing to Category but this makes no
difference, and the Timescale option is greyed out so is unavailable?

There seems to be a lot less options available in PivotCharts than there are
when using a normal Chart in Excel. If you can think of anything else that'd
be great.

Thanks again for your help.

"Lo" wrote in message
Does anyone know why i can't change the date format on a pivotchart? Have
2
pivot charts running from the same source data - when i created them one
automatically used data format for x axis of d-mm-yy and the other
automatically used d/mm/yyyy. As they are both part of the same
presentation
this will look inconsistent, i have tried everyway i know to fix but
nothing
works. When you created a normal chart in excel (not pivot) the 'format
axis' option has a 'numbers' tab, but in pivotcharts this option is not
available. Be grateful for any feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could make a regular chart from the pivot table. Select a blank cell
away from the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In Step 2, click on
the Series tab, and add the series one at a time.

The regular chart will not update the same way the pivot chart will, but it
gives you much broader capabilities.

- Jon
-------