Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ken Ken is offline

Default How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?

I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the total
amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have one
or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle. For
example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small circle
could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to be able
to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ken Wrote:
I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the
total
amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have
one
or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle.
For
example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small
circle
could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to
be able
to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now.

Hi Ken,

Try something like this

Format data series | options | overlap

oldchippy :)

--
oldchippy
oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK HEK is offline

Ken, I guess that a doughnut chart can give u what y'r looking for. You may
like to check out Andy Pope's website
http://www.andypope.info/charts/pies.htm for inspiration and instructions how
to do it.
HTH,