Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Surveys and percentages

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm having a problem with excel which
sounds very simple, yet I can't solve it.
Imagine this: I'm holding a survey in which I ask people if they smoke.
These are the results I see in Excel:

Person1: Yes
Person2: Yes
Person3: No
Person4: Yes
Person5: Yes
Person6: No
Person7: No
Person8: Yes

Where Person1, Person2, Person3 etc are in cells A1, A2, A3, etc and
the answers are each in a cell B1, B2, B3, etc. So basically, the cells
in column A contain the persons, and the cells in column B contain Yes
or No.
Now I want to know how many percent of the total amount of replies is
Yes, and how many is No. So if lets say 10 persons replied, from which
7 replied Yes, and 3 replied No, we would have 70% of Yes and 30% of
no, except that in reality, my survey has more possible replies, and
way more people having replied to it...

Anyone can help me? I need to calculate these percentages, and might I
also add I'd need to know it asap :(
I thank anyone who can help me in advance.

--
Dr.Boo
Dr.Boo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36953

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Dr.Boo" wrote in
message ...

[...]

=COUNTIF(B1:B8,"Yes")/COUNTA(B1:B8)
and =COUNTIF(B1:B8,"No")/COUNTA(B1:B8)
and format as a percentage.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks a lot. I will try that out right away.