Old January 27th 05, 04:29 PM
Phil Hageman

Default Font error message

When trying to make a copy of a worksheet containing two charts, the
following message comes up: "No more font may be applied to this workbook."
On one of the charts, three axes, two Y and one X, are resized by Excel.
When trying to resize the axes fonts down again, the message appears again.
How do I get around this issue?

Thanks,
Phil

Old January 27th 05, 10:42 PM
Debra Dalgleish

Jon Peltier has information on this problem in his Charting FAQ article:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon025

and at his web site (use this updated link instead of the one in his
article):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Old January 28th 05, 01:17 PM
Phil Hageman

Debra,

Was wondering - John suggests a VBA fix for the active chart, and active
sheet (below). Could this code be modified to include the entire workbook?
Where would it be put? Would save a lot of work - I'm building a workbook
with about sixty charts...and this problem emurged when I had 12 worksheets
(24 charts) already created.

Altering the registry is not an option for me - I'm operating on a network
that does not allow such changes - it simply changes things back at the end
of the day.

Sub FixAllChartFonts()
Dim myCht As ChartObject
For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
myCht.Chart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
Next
End Sub

Old January 28th 05, 01:41 PM
Andy Pope

Hi Phil,

This mod will do all chartsheets and charts on worksheets.

Sub FixAllChartFonts()
Dim myCht As ChartObject
Dim mySht As Object

For Each mySht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
If TypeName(mySht) = "Chart" Then
mySht.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
ElseIf TypeName(mySht) = "Worksheet" Then
For Each myCht In mySht.ChartObjects
myCht.Chart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
Next
End If
Next
End Sub

Cheers
Andy

Phil Hageman wrote:

When trying to make a copy of a worksheet containing two charts, the
following message comes up: "No more font may be applied to this workbook."
On one of the charts, three axes, two Y and one X, are resized by Excel.
When trying to resize the axes fonts down again, the message appears again.
How do I get around this issue?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Old January 28th 05, 02:09 PM
Phil Hageman

Andy, Thanks for your reply - appreciate the help.

Wasn't sure where to put the code, I have it in Module 1, This Workbook, and
one of the Worksheets "Remediation," which I'm using to test the code's
effect. So far, there is no change (I tried each one separately with no
results). All worksheets still have "Auto scaling" checkboxes checked.
Also, when I try to create a copy of the "Remediation" worksheet (to create a
new issues worksheet), I get the error message again. How do I use this code?

Thanks, Phil

Old January 28th 05, 02:20 PM
Andy Pope

You should place the code in a standard code module.
And then run the macro.

I have two extra lines so information should be displayed in the
statusbar. See inline changes.

Cheers
Andy

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi Phil,

This mod will do all chartsheets and charts on worksheets.

Sub FixAllChartFonts()
Dim myCht As ChartObject
Dim mySht As Object

For Each mySht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets

Application.statusbar = "Processing " & mysht.name
If TypeName(mySht) = "Chart" Then
mySht.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
ElseIf TypeName(mySht) = "Worksheet" Then
For Each myCht In mySht.ChartObjects
myCht.Chart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
Next
End If
Next

application.statusbar = false
End Sub

Cheers
Andy

Old January 28th 05, 03:15 PM
Phil Hageman

Andy, A new wrinkle - when trying to format data labels for color, the error
message comes up again. I checked every font format and all AutoScale boxes
are unchecked. I am not allowed to change font colors. Any idea what is
causing this?

Regards, Phil

Old January 28th 05, 03:26 PM
Andy Pope

I assume you have saved the workbook since running autofont fix.
But other than that I can't think of anything new to suggest.

If you want to email me the file directly I will take a look see.

Cheers
Andy