Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bob Bob is offline

Default Horizontal Time (X-axis)

Hello,

I am attemping to graph a horizontal 24 hour time period in Excel. At the
left side would be 08:00 and at the right side would be 07:59

On that bar I am attempting to plot the start and ending times of 14 batch
jobs that run in order to track them over time and adjust the schedules to
be more efficient.

I have run through all the graphs that are built in and the closest I have
come is a diagonal, 45 degree, line of time.

My column A is the name of the jobs
My column B is the start time of the jobs
My column C is the 24 hour clock (08:00; 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00,
13:00...24:00, 01:00, 02:00, etc.)
My column D would be the ending times, which I have not set up yet.

Eventually I would like a line drawn above the time line connecting the
start times with the ending times of each job...but I think for now I would
be happy with a flat 24 hour time line and being able to add the start and
stop times of each batch job.

Anybody have any thoughts? I have seen another graph like this before from
excel but have not be able to locate it on the internet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

One possible way to represent a schedule:

Floating bars tutorial
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/floating_bars/tutorial/index.html

You may also want to check the add-in
Gantt (Project) chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...art/index.html

Tushar Mehta