Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default vb code to export data into existing Access table

Take a look at Mr. Erlandsen's site:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/vba/adodao/

Tom Ogilvy

"MJ in Boston" wrote in message

----- desperate wrote: -----

HELP!

Can anyone help me out with code that will export data
from Excel into an Access Table that areadly exists? The
Excel data and Access data are identical in terms of
fields and properties. THANKS!

Can you import the excel spreadsheet into Access instead of exporting from

excel?
You can write the same vba code in access as in excel I thought so here is

the
command to import a spreadsheet into an access table.

lsSheet2 = "\\n0qcpfs1\redirect$\ndmlj1\MyDocuments\AIS.x ls"
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "T - AISBuyer", lsSheet2, True

The 8 is the default in Access2000 for a spreadsheet created in at least

Excel v8.
If you want to export I would suppose you'd have to open the access

database from the
excel vba and then use acExport?

I hope this at least gets you thinkin'. Hope it helps.