Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Macro to convert specific Numbers to Letters...

for each cell in selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants,xlTextValues)
cell.Value = Application.Substitute(cell.Text,"0","X")
Next

to reverse

for each cell in selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants,xlTextValues)
cell.Value = "'" & Application.Substitute(cell.Text,"X","0")
Next

Tom Ogilvy

Steven Ratliff wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would have an Excel macro that would allow
me to convert any number starting or ending with a ZERO to a letter
such as X,Y,or Z. If not, just a macro that would convert any ZERO to
an X would work fine. I'm tired of having to change my columns to text
every time I move something around or do a TEXT to COLUMN conversion.
I work with many pseudo numbers like: 0012, 0003450, etc. Of course,
since these are not real numbers as such, EXCEL can't accept them.
Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

SGR