Harald Staff

This is impossible to answer detailed enough without knowing the structure
of the huge textfile. But try to open Access and create a new empty database
with the opening wizard. Then go menu
File Get external data Import
choose textfile as filetype, point to your enormous file and try to import
it.

This is really not a beginner task. You are given Office and an enormous
textfile without further instructions, and maybe or maybe not someone will
pay his tax if you can solve it ? We should do this, my friend, if only for
the fun of it. Did my previous macro solution make any sense, or is it
unknown territory ?

Best wishes Harald

"Khawajaanwar" skrev i melding
I actually working in the tax department in Pakistan, i have to extracts

the
data where in a column A or B number 26, 12 and 13 are written. Please
explain in details since i am bigginner and using Microsoff Office XP 2000

or
is there any way i can open this complete file in MS Access

Thanks again