Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DavidP[_3_] DavidP[_3_] is offline

Default Problem with Merged Cell Line Height Macro

I don't know what the macro is that you are talking about but if you
add the following code at the start of the macro it will remove
protection from the sheet

ActiveSheet.Unprotect

Then add to the bottom of the macro

ActiveSheet.Protect

If you have passwords in the protection the code will have to be
adapted accordingly

DavidP

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:24:54 -0600, Mike M
wrote:

I am using the Merged Cell Line Height Macro, and it is a great macro.

However I am having a problem with it. It works great on an unprotected
worksheet, but when I protect the worksheet it causes the macro to halt
with an error.

My sheet is a report that is protected to prevent changes and allow
data entery only in allowed fields. The allowed fields are unlocked,
merged cells. When the text entered is too long for the merged cell
width, I would like to be able to use the macro to have users easily
adjust the height. (<Ctrl h is the assigned name). It works great
until I protect the worksheet. Once I protect the sheet, pressing <Ctrl
h in the merged cell runs the macro, but it errors at the line "
MergeCells = False".

I have tried playing with the options for the protection, but can't
seem to find a way to have the page protected, and still have the macro
be able to run.

Any ideas greatly appreciated?